Combining trust, respect, and hard work, 5 Point Fabrication utilizes the best talent in order to be the premier custom metal fabrication shop in the Midwest.
Job Opportunities & Application
If interested in becoming a member of our team, please submit completed application and/or resume.
5 Point Fabrication offers an online Job Application so they can be completed at your own convenience.
- All forms are PDF files. You will need AdobeReader® to view them...
- If you do not already have AdobeReader® installed on your computer, Click Here to download.
- Download the necessary form(s), print them out and fill in the required information.
- Submit Online or Email your completed form(s) to the Human Resources Department.
Paper Job Application - Click Here to Download
- 5 Point Fabrication Employee Benefits Include:
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short Term Disability
Experienced Aluminum Welder
Reports to: Shop Manager
Classification: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Full Time, 1st and 2nd Shift
Duties & Responsibilities:
- GTAW/TIG welding experience with Aluminum (1G, 2G, 3G, 1F, 2F, 3F)
- Experience welding materials ranging from 1/8”-1/2” (3mm-12mm)
- Perform various wire-feed welding processes including GMAW and GMAW-P. Miller MPa power source and feeder knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to weld in accordance with AWS D1.2 Code (5 Point will perform welder qualification)
- Operate power grinders/tools, drill press, belt sander, tapping table and other miscellaneous hand tools
- Advanced blueprint reading skills, including first and third angle projection, the ability to interpret and manufacture to drawing specifications, customer requirements and work order direction.
- Ability to work safely
- Maintain clean equipment/tools and work area
- Operate forklift and understand it’s safe working limits
- Record an accurate log of job times and labor reporting with job travelers and work orders
- Preferred, but not required: 3-5 years experience or 1 year Technical Diploma/Associated Degree with 2-4 years’ experience (TIG/MIG welding experience)
- Ability to read and accurately use measuring tools including tape measure, caliper, micrometer in both imperial (inch) and metric
- Ability to identify parts by part number, measurements, material grade, etc.…
- Ability to weld within tight tolerances
- Well versed in understanding welding symbols
- Basic math skills: read and write mixed numbers in both decimal and fractional form
- Knowledge and ability to perform metal polishing/finishing to various different surface finishes
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to work 40+ hours per week (5 days per week 1st shift, 4 days per week 2nd shift)
- Show a positive and eager to learn attitude with strong work ethic
Stand-continuously (8-12 hours), Walk, Ladder Climb-occasionally ,Sit, crawl-rarely, Bend, kneel or crouch-frequently, Balance-frequently, Firm grasp-continuously, Lift, push & pull up to 50 lbs-continuously
Requirements, skills, and abilities described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.